More documents from Chirodea, Florentina

Export to your Reference Manger

Please Copy & Paste



Bookmark and Share

Higher education institutions at the Romanian-Hungarian border prior to the war: Academy of Law Oradea

[collection article]

Chirodea, Florentina

Citation Suggestion

Please use the following Persistent Identifier (PID) to cite this document:

Further Details
Abstract Oradea, an important cultural, economic and administrative town at the western border of Romania, is known as an academic center since 1780 through its area of operation for over two centuries of the Academy of Law. The Romanian age of higher education institutions has proven to be a step in regaining the status of high school like the other existing universities in the country between the wars. The abolition of the Academy and its merger with the Faculty of Law of the University of Cluj, in 1934, was a great loss for the city of Oradea, the values gathered during more that two centuries of high school, representing a solid fundament for the academic education, from this part of the country, after the second world war.
Keywords university system; university level of education; academy; jurisprudence; historical development; peace time; Transylvania; Romania
Classification General History; University Education
Collection Title Cross border partnership with special regard to the Hungarian-Romanian-Ukrainian tripartite border
Editor Horga, Ioan; Süli-Zakar, István
Document language English
Publication Year 2010
Publisher Univ. of Oradea Press
City Oradea
Page/Pages p. 89-94
ISBN 978-606-10-0153-8
Status Published Version; reviewed
Licence Free Digital Peer Publishing Licence